søndag 24. august 2008

Birds!




Autumn migration for a number of birds have started and as I spend some time at Kvitsoy I try to photograph some of the species stopping here on the island. This is not really a good place compared to i.e. Jaeren, but still I manage to capture some birds with my telephotolenses :-)


Today I spent the evening trying to get some shoots of a small group of dunlins. I was sitting in the mud under a camuflage net and with my wetsuit on when suddenly a sparrowhawk attacked the wading birds. Probably I moved a litle just before the hawk almost hit me. This most likely resultet in a lost evening meal for this bird of prey! Lucky dunlins :-)


The sparrowhawk landed on a small hill a bit to far away to obtain any good quality images, but I still decided to include the image to illustrate the story. See above.

Ingen kommentarer: